Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Hi.

I've got some pretty big, at least to me, stuff to bring you up to speed on.

Yesterday I had another good session with my happy-clappy TBI shrink guy and we are on a roll. We started on the not-so-fun grief/loss counseling that comes along with this kind of trauma. Not so fun, but good.

And I made a big step in OT. I don't have to wear my wrist and thumb brace all the time anymore. Yeah! But my OT did say that I really should start trying to type with both hands so this blog posting is now sort of a chore. My tone really seems to kick in and my fingers don't want to move. Oh well, hopefully it'll get better the more I do it.

And I had a really big thing go down yesterday too. For the first time since my accident I felt comfortable in my body. I felt like me rather than my insides in a broken shell. It felt REALLY good. I don't really have the same feeling today but I'm just going to try to maintain the high of having it yesterday. Gotta try and go with what you got.

And I also, for the first time yesterday, actually took note of how much better it feels for me to walk. I remember when I was first learning to walk again I never thought I would ever get to the place again where walking would just come naturally - I thought it would ALWAYS be laborsome and I'd ALWAYS have to think about each individual part of it. But yesterday I realized that I'm actually there, it does just come naturally. I don't have to think about it. Just one word sums that up - SUCCESS!

I'm sure I could think of more to say, but honestly I'm tired of struggling to type.

Talk at ya later.

Ang

3 comments:

  1. That is great news, Ang! Also, my Mom is coming into town tonight. She is an OT with extensive work in hand therapy. Feel free to drop by sometime this week if you want. I know she'd love to meet you. She leaves on Sunday night. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you are feeling a little bit better and that things are looking up Ang. I always try to remember that we will have good days and bad days no matter what the situation, and when things feel hopeless I focus on the fact that "This too shall pass."

    I think of you always and keep you in my prayers.

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for progress!! I hope you have a really good weekend.
    Love
    Jan

    ReplyDelete